Friday 4 May 2012

Birds in flight

This image was taken over a year ago now but I was looking through  my prints yesterday and suddenly felt very inspired by it.


I began with doing a loose sketch trying to give an impression of movement, concentrating on the shapes birds make when in flight.

I think the image works well but I wanted to take it further and to really get across the notion of flight and movement and freedom of flying.

I grabbed scissors and some old brown packing paper and set to work. I folded the paper, used the shapes of the birds from my sketch and cut out the same shape several times, glued them together and threaded them onto a bamboo skewer.




They're flying from my doorframe, they float and twirl when ever I walk by.I am so happy with it that I have made one for my sister too.

No comments:

Post a Comment